A commenter to my blog post, “More on the Perry Agenda,” suggests that because of Perry’s support for the Trans-Texas Corridor, Hutchison is likely to get the Farm Bureau endorsement. While comments on blogs are hardly reliable sources, I find this one credible because (1) a Republican consultant told me earlier today that Hutchison would be getting a big endorsement this week; and (2) the Farm Bureau has never had a lot of love for Perry, going back to his days as commissioner of agriculture. Not being a consultant myself, my initial reaction is that a lot of Farm Bureau members will vote for Rick Perry anyway, just as I believe a lot of Realtors will vote for Kay Bailey Hutchison.
- Mr. Westbrook’s Last Song
- Love and Death in Silicon Prairie, Part I: Candy Montgomery’s Affair
- A Former Barbecue Pitmaster Pivots to Tortillas, and They Are Glorious
- ‘Outcry’ Offers a Nuanced Look at a Wrongful Conviction in Central Texas
- Texas Scientists Discover That a Dinosaur Made Famous by ‘Jurassic Park’ Was Even More Formidable Than They Thought