A commenter to my blog post, “More on the Perry Agenda,” suggests that because of Perry’s support for the Trans-Texas Corridor, Hutchison is likely to get the Farm Bureau endorsement. While comments on blogs are hardly reliable sources, I find this one credible because (1) a Republican consultant told me earlier today that Hutchison would be getting a big endorsement this week; and (2) the Farm Bureau has never had a lot of love for Perry, going back to his days as commissioner of agriculture. Not being a consultant myself, my initial reaction is that a lot of Farm Bureau members will vote for Rick Perry anyway, just as I believe a lot of Realtors will vote for Kay Bailey Hutchison.
- Hollywood, Texas: Kanye West Takes Joel Osteen to Church
- A Farewell to Dairy Queens
- Inside the Death Row Case That Has Everyone From Ted Cruz to Kim Kardashian Speaking Out
- Convicted of Murder at Age 12, Edwin Debrow Finally Walks Free
- The Suncoast Motion Picture Company’s Last Stand Is Happening in Southeast Texas