Burka and Eileen discuss probable Speaker Joe Straus, Craddick’s exit, horse racing, and whether bridge qualifies as gambling. Honorably mentioned: John Smithee, Burt Solomons, Dan Gattis, Jim Keffer, and playing the ponies. (And yes, I am wearing a scarf over my turtleneck. My space heater gave out, and I can’t afford coal.)
News & Politics
Our latest stories and analysis, sent to your inbox each week.
- Breaking the Barrier: The Road to Becoming a First-Generation Bull Rider By Christian Wallace
- Get Ready for a New Season of Texas Monthly’s Sound Check Music Series By Texas Monthly
- Here Are Some Famous Texans You Can Hire to Deliver Video Messages for You By Dan Solomon
- Ten Things to Watch That Aren’t the Armie Hammer Toe-Sucking Video By Emily McCullar
- Despite Losing Power for Days, Texans Will Pay Higher Power Bills—Perhaps for Decades to Come By Loren Steffy