Eddie Lucio III on national television, being interviewed on the convention floor. Why Eddie? They sought him out because he was a Latino for Obama. Don’t roll your eyes. He looked and sounded great. He talked about why he had supported Obama. He was wearing a white dress shirt, open at the collar; he was relaxed and comfortable and articulate about the Democrats’ prospects in Texas; and he explained that the D’s needed to pick up just five seats to take over the House of Representatives. (Make that six, if he flakes.) He was very impressive.
Sign up for the Armadillo
Weekly dispatches from the middle of the road of Texas politics.
- In Texas’s Food Deserts, Food Banks Struggle to Do More With Less
- Priya Krishna’s Quarantine Journal, Entry No. 13: A Surprise From Mom
- Taco of the Week: Weenies and Eggs at Los Muertos BBQ
- “If People Want to Take a Chance, It’s Their Prerogative”: Inside One Bar on the First Day of Reopening
- Dallas-Area High School Seniors Cope With a Semester—and Rites of Passage—Cut Short