Paul and I talk about whether the D’s are really poised to take the Texas House, possible toss-up seats, and who skunked who. (Paul’s term, not mine.) One reason to watch this video? To check out the weird Star Trek-like outfit I’m wearing. (Personally, I thought it looked like a ski chalet sweater but then I saw it on the video.) To make matters worse, I didn’t even realize the Harper-Brown/Romano race was still in court, and then I try to recover by pursing my lips. Twenty votes?! Classic. Honorably mentioned: Linda Harper-Brown, Bob Romano, Dwayne Bohac, Ginny McDavid, Ken Legler, Joel Redmond.
Sign up for the Armadillo
Weekly dispatches from the middle of the road of Texas politics.
- For Years, an East Texas Carpenter Has Been Building a Gothic Contraption of Decks and Spikes in a Historic Square
- How the Pandemic Turned Brené Brown Into America’s Therapist
- The Dr. Fauci of South Texas
- The Secret History of the Texas Rangers
- More Colorful Texas Sayings Than You Can Shake a Stick At
- Dallas-Area High School Seniors Cope With a Semester—and Rites of Passage—Cut Short
- How Houston’s Museum of Fine Arts Planned Its Reopening
- José Ralat Believes the Taco Is Pandemic-Proof
- Priya Krishna’s Quarantine Journal, Entry No. 12: Our DIY Graduation Ceremony
- A Taste Test of Unusual Texas Barbecue Sauces