My earlier post, “Missing…,” which dealt with the Hutchison campaign’s daily e-mail, “The Hutchison Huddle,” apparently has caused quite a kerfuffle. To sum up, the gist of the e-mail was that the Perry campaign’s bill signing ceremonies were really campaign appearances and should be paid for by campaign funds. I checked with Mark Miner of the Perry campaign and quoted him accurately as saying that 99% of the governor’s travel was paid for out of campaign funds, things like hurricane overflights being the exception. The Hutchson campaign found statements to the contrary and disseminated same. It is the joy of blogging to occasionally be able to cause trouble for so many people. Now the Statesman’s Jason Embry has joined the fray.
News & Politics
Our latest stories and analysis, sent to your inbox each week.
- Kay Bailey Hutchison and Donald Trump at the NATO Summit By R.G. Ratcliffe
- Egypt Looks to El Paso for Water Wisdom By Texas Monthly and Madelyn Herzog
- Kay Bailey Hutchison’s Valedictory Speech By Sonia Smith
- Karen Hughes and Kay Bailey Hutchison Would Like Republican Men to Stop Saying Offensive Things About Rape By Sonia Smith
- He Rioted at the Capitol. Then for Weeks He Lived in Luxury While Hiding From the FBI. By Peter Holley