Current totals 8:42 p.m. John Kuempel 5,070 Myrna McLeroy 745 Gary Inmon 787 (7 other candidates) Early vote, all 3 counties Guadalupe County (1 of 41 precincts) John Kuempel 3,790 Myrna McLeroy 173 Gary Inmon 697 (7 other candidates) Gonzales County John Kuempel 507 Myrna McLeroy 316 Gary Inmon 33 (all boxes reporting) Wilson CountyJ John Kuempel 550 Myrna McLeroy 54 Gary Inmon 47 * * * * I should point out that 40 of 41 boxes in Guadalupe County are still out — everything except the early vote. However, this is Kuempel’s home county, and it would be extraordinary for him to lose the county after establishing a strong lead in the early vote.
Sign up for the Armadillo
Weekly dispatches from the middle of the road of Texas politics.
- The Hero Myth of Houston Police Chief Art Acevedo
- The Houston Years of George Floyd
- In Amarillo, a Mexican Restaurant Named “Big Beaners” Provokes Controversy
- “I Can’t Believe This Is America”: On the Front Lines With the Volunteers Tending to Austin’s Injured Protesters
- A New Texas COVID-19 Tracker Offers a Ton of Useful Information
- A Q&A With the Organizer of the Black Lives Matter March in Vidor
- BBQ News Roundup: Supporting Black Pitmasters and Mourning Louisville’s David McAtee
- Remembering Bobby Morrow, the Texas Sprinter Who Was Once the World’s Fastest Man
- The Best and the Bums: Streets of Rage
- Hollywood, Texas: Beyoncé, Jamie Foxx, and Lizzo Lend Their Voices to National Protests