Current totals 8:42 p.m. John Kuempel 5,070 Myrna McLeroy 745 Gary Inmon 787 (7 other candidates) Early vote, all 3 counties Guadalupe County (1 of 41 precincts) John Kuempel 3,790 Myrna McLeroy 173 Gary Inmon 697 (7 other candidates) Gonzales County John Kuempel 507 Myrna McLeroy 316 Gary Inmon 33 (all boxes reporting) Wilson CountyJ John Kuempel 550 Myrna McLeroy 54 Gary Inmon 47 * * * * I should point out that 40 of 41 boxes in Guadalupe County are still out — everything except the early vote. However, this is Kuempel’s home county, and it would be extraordinary for him to lose the county after establishing a strong lead in the early vote.
News & Politics
Our latest stories and analysis, sent to your inbox each week.
- Can Chip Roy Hold Off the Democratic Shift in Suburban San Antonio and Austin? By Dan Solomon
- Who Is Austin’s Citizen Police Academy Meant to Serve? By Leif Reigstad
- Democrats Narrowly Lost the Twenty-fourth Congressional District in 2018. Can Candace Valenzuela Win It in This Cycle? By Dan Solomon
- Rita Clements, The Power Behind a Governor, Dies at 86 By R.G. Ratcliffe
- U.S. Immigration Director Threatens to Jail Elected Officials in Sanctuary Cities By R.G. Ratcliffe