(1) Steve Stockman vs. John Cornyn (U.S. Senator)
(2) Robert Talton vs. Nathan Hecht (Chief Justice, Texas Supreme Court)
(3) Matt Beebe vs. Joe Straus (House District 121)
(4) John Ratcliffe v. Ralph Hall (U.S. House District 4)
(5) Mike Canon vs. Kel Seliger (Texas Senate District 31)
Stockman is about as far-right as far-right can get in this state. Cornyn can swamp him with money, but the tea party will be out in force against Cornyn.
Talton is a conservative trial lawyer who is famous for once having stationed a DPS officer outside his door to prevent gays from entering his office. He is a threat to Hecht (the stationing of the DPS officer outside his door notwithstanding).
Beebe vs. Straus is a rematch from 2010. Straus won easily the first time around and should prevail again.
Ratcliff is a former U.S. attorney; Hall is the longest-serving member of Congress.
Canon was recruited against Seliger by Michael Quinn Sullivan. This race is a grudge match with Sullivan taking on Seliger.