Aren’t members of Congress supposed to bring home the bacon instead of taking it away? Tell that to Houston Republican John Culberson. He successfully amended an appropriations bill to cut off federal crimefighting funds to cities — Houston included — whose local authorities don’t aggressively seek out illegal aliens (a term that seems to have regained respectability at the expense of the once politically correct “undocumented workers”). Trouble is, as I heard law enforcement officials say on Houston’s KTRH radio, there aren’t enough officers to round up the illegal aliens, nor is there sufficient jail space to incarcerate them. Perhaps some federal crimefighting funds would help.
- Hollywood, Texas: Kanye West Takes Joel Osteen to Church
- A Farewell to Dairy Queens
- Inside the Death Row Case That Has Everyone From Ted Cruz to Kim Kardashian Speaking Out
- Convicted of Murder at Age 12, Edwin Debrow Finally Walks Free
- The Suncoast Motion Picture Company’s Last Stand Is Happening in Southeast Texas