Demographic change takes its toll. Or was he pushed out in redistricting? Legler is the first, but will not be the last, to face the inevitable. If redistricting had historical markers, this transition would deserve one. District 144 was represented by Robert Talton from 1993 to 2009; Pasadena is a different place than it was when Talton was a member. Kronberg is now reporting that Moody will move into Margo’s district (which was Moody’s until 2010). That’s potentially a second domino. Garza could be a third. The Republicans had better get a big box, because the boneyard is going to have to hold a lot of dominoes after a couple of election cycles. Things may not be looking up for Democrats, but Republicans are going to have problems too.
News & Politics
Our latest stories and analysis, sent to your inbox each week.
- He Rioted at the Capitol. Then for Weeks He Lived in Luxury While Hiding From the FBI. By Peter Holley
- They Accused a Man of Sexual Assault in a Small West Texas Town. That Was Only the Beginning. By Leif Reigstad
- Who’s Responsible for the Texas Blackouts? By Christopher Hooks
- Rita Clements, The Power Behind a Governor, Dies at 86 By R.G. Ratcliffe
- U.S. Immigration Director Threatens to Jail Elected Officials in Sanctuary Cities By R.G. Ratcliffe