This was an odd race. Lehrman led by 10,000 votes early and 12,000 votes late. She won all of the counties in the Metroplex media market, though the margins weren’t overwhelming. Green won Harris County by 5,000 votes, which was the only reason the race was as close as it was. He also won Nueces County by a big margin, and other South Texas counties as well (Cameron, Hidalgo, San Patricio), although the voter turnout was low, as you might expect for Republican primaries in South Texas.
Sign up for the Armadillo
Weekly dispatches from the middle of the road of Texas politics.
- Taco of the Week: Weenies and Eggs at Los Muertos BBQ
- “If People Want to Take a Chance, It’s Their Prerogative”: Inside One Bar on the First Day of Reopening
- Dallas-Area High School Seniors Cope With a Semester—and Rites of Passage—Cut Short
- How Houston’s Museum of Fine Arts Planned Its Reopening
- José Ralat Believes the Taco Is Pandemic-Proof