This is the race in El Paso that pits newcomer Marissa Marquez against Paul Moreno. It bears some resemblance to the Escobar-Rios Ybarra race, in that the female challenger has pizzazz and the male incumbent does not, and also that both women received Republican money. Marquez lost the early vote, narrowly, and has won election day voting by 454 votes, leaving her 189 votes ahead with 14 of 34 precincts reporting. I have always thought Marquez would win this race, but it is far from callable.
- Hollywood, Texas: Kanye West Takes Joel Osteen to Church
- A Farewell to Dairy Queens
- Inside the Death Row Case That Has Everyone From Ted Cruz to Kim Kardashian Speaking Out
- Convicted of Murder at Age 12, Edwin Debrow Finally Walks Free
- The Suncoast Motion Picture Company’s Last Stand Is Happening in Southeast Texas