A colleague in Dallas reports that Leppert had a daylong meeting with the Scott Howell firm, and fundraiser Carol Reed was present as well. This sounds serious. Suggestion: Figure out a response for the certain-to-be-asked question: Why did you change your mind when you said that mayor of Dallas was the only office you were interested in? Some friendly advice: Try to give a better answer than Hutchison has offered about why she came back to Texas to challenge Perry instead of staying in the Senate.
Sign up for the Armadillo
Weekly dispatches from the middle of the road of Texas politics.
- How the Pandemic Turned Brené Brown Into America’s Therapist
- How King Ranch Casserole Has Ruled During the Pandemic
- The West Texas Basketball Tournament at the Center of a Coronavirus Outbreak
- Aaron Franklin Will Be the Next Texan to Join the Barbecue Hall of Fame
- At Zoli’s, Smoked Brisket Lasagna Is a Revelation