I had a conversation with one of the ABCs. His comment: “It didn’t look like they were close to an agreement.” This does not come from an attendee, but from the proverbial “knowledgeable source”: The statement following the meeting said that eleven people attended. What it didn’t say was that a twelfth person (the 76th vote) had confirmed intention to attend–but was a no-show. After the meeting, one of the ABCs called Craddick’s office and related everything that happened. These guys had better get their act together. They are running out of time.
Sign up for the Armadillo
Weekly dispatches from the middle of the road of Texas politics.
- How the Pandemic Turned Brené Brown Into America’s Therapist
- How King Ranch Casserole Has Ruled During the Pandemic
- The West Texas Basketball Tournament at the Center of a Coronavirus Outbreak
- At Zoli’s, Smoked Brisket Lasagna Is a Revelation
- Aaron Franklin Will Be the Next Texan to Join the Barbecue Hall of Fame