The State Republican Executive Committee had an agenda item for its Saturday meeting that would have allowed the SREC to purge members for various offenses. This is more of the effort by extreme conservatives to purify the party. The bylaw read, “An SREC member can have disciplinary action taken against them or can be removed from office for failing to perform their duties…or performing actions against the SREC’s stated purpose….” The transparent purpose of the proposed bylaw was to provide a means of chilling debate and removing dissenters. After two lawyers spoke against the proposal, the bylaw was shelved indefinitely. I really thought they were going to go through with it, but they deserve credit for coming to their senses.
- Can Bee Stings Treat Lyme Disease?
- Criminal Charges Against Schlitterbahn Officials Have Been Dropped
- Tony Buzbee Ran as a Trumpian Shark in the First Round of the Houston Mayoral Race. Now He Appears to Be Dead in the Water.
- Willie Nelson Quits Smoking Weed: A Look Back at the Couple’s Relationship Milestones
- John Mueller Is Back (Again) at Granger City Brewing