Live from the Twin Cities, Burka engages in underwater reporting. Or else that’s just a really bad excuse for substandard recording equipment but his points come through LOUD and CLEAR. Check out the video before you watch Palin’s speech tonight, if only to see what Jake and I say when we think we’re off mic. The horror! St. Paul (9-3-2008) Paul Burka checks in with Eileen and Jake on the convention buzz, Sarah Palin, and his run-in with Karl Rove.
Sign up for the Armadillo
Weekly dispatches from the middle of the road of Texas politics.
- The Houston Years of George Floyd
- “I Can’t Believe This Is America”: On the Front Lines With the Volunteers Tending to Austin’s Injured Protesters
- In Amarillo, a Mexican Restaurant Named ‘Big Beaners’ Provokes Controversy
- What Exactly Does the New York Times Think the Alamo Is?
- How King Ranch Casserole Has Ruled During the Pandemic
- The Hero Myth of Houston Police Chief Art Acevedo
- San Antonio Colonial Tortilla Factory Keeps the Ancient Craft of Tortilla-Making Alive
- Southwest Airlines CEO Gary Kelly Yearns for the Days When We Argued About Reclining Seats
- “We Can’t Rely on the Systems That Everybody Else Relies On”: Trans Texans Struggle With Health Care Access During COVID-19
- A New Texas COVID-19 Tracker Offers a Ton of Useful Information