Fort Bend County is off the charts: up 142% compared to the votes cast here in 2004. Harris County is up 117%. The lowest six of the top fifteen counties (based on registered voters) have combined to cast just 4,000 votes more than Harris County. The six are Fort Bend, Montgomery, Williamson, Nueces, Galveston, Cameron.
News & Politics
Our latest stories and analysis, sent to your inbox each week.
- Meet the Harris County Voters Who Showed Up After Midnight to Cast a Ballot By Peter Holley
- The Early Voting Numbers in Texas Are Bonkers. Here’s What That Does and Doesn’t Tell Us. By Dan Solomon
- Drive-through Voting. 24-Hour Polling Places. Finger Condoms. Welcome to Election 2020 in Harris County. By Michael Hardy
- The Hunt for a Leaker at the Harris County District Attorney’s Office By Michael Hardy
- The Unlikely Candidate Who Might Flip a Republican Stronghold By Luisita Lopez Torregrosa