My daughter called to alert me to this story, which she heard on All Things Considered this afternoon. The gist of it is this: Some 15 minutes after rumors of her selection began to circulate, someone unknown made thirty changes, most of them favorable to Governor Palin, to her Wikipedia entry. A quotation was inserted to the effect that she is “a politician of eye-popping integrity” and another change downplayed her participation in a beauty pageant. The segment, which ran for almost four minutes, included the revelation that President Bush’s entry is protected except for Wikipedia editors.
Sign up for the Armadillo
Weekly dispatches from the middle of the road of Texas politics.
- At Zoli’s, Smoked Brisket Lasagna Is a Revelation
- How King Ranch Casserole Has Ruled During the Pandemic
- Congressman Michael C. Burgess on Balancing Public Health and the Economy
- Hollywood, Texas: Your 2020 Graduation Speaker Will Be Beyoncé
- The 29-Year-Old Bodybuilder Behind the Armed Effort to Reopen Texas