Twelve Democrats have sent a letter to Lt. Gov. David Dewhurst asking that he convene a Committee of the Whole to hear a SJR 15 which urges the Governor to accept federal stimulus money. We request the Senate convene a Committee of the Whole to address SCR 15 to ensure that Texas take full advantage of all federal economic stimulus money available. SCR 15 would bypass Gov. Perry’s misplaced priorities and put the Legislature back in the driver’s seat with regard to ensuring in a bipartisan way that we start putting Texas families first. This debate should be governed by the same rules used for discussion of SB 362. After all, if such a fast- track method is deemed necessary for legislation of high priority only to partisans, then an issue of critical importance to all Texans should be as well.
- The Best New Restaurants in Texas for 2020
- The One-Time Girlfriend of One of Mexico’s Most Notorious Drug Lords Returns to the Border to Offer Tours
- Meet the Unruly Clan That Once Ruled the Hill Country
- The Dallas Gym That Time Forgot
- Dayne’s Craft Barbecue’s “Bacon Brisket” and Sausages Are Worth the Wait