This is a YouTube video of Paxton speaking to a group of supporters. Here is what he says: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fknWnYMJhog If we reelect the status quo, I am convinced our budget can’t be addressed the way you want it, we’ll have higher taxes, and it will be hard to distinguish between a Democratic administration and a Republican administration. This is the message that is being conveyed to the grass roots, who know only what they are told. We’ll have higher taxes? Not with 99 Republicans, we won’t. No matter who is speaker. It will be hard to distinguish between a Democratic administration and a Republican administration? You can bet the Democrats know the difference. Republicans are in their strongest position since Reconstruction, the Democrats have no power whatsoever, and yet the grass roots are being told that the wolf is at the door. Total nonsense.
News & Politics
Our latest stories and analysis, sent to your inbox each week.
- Despite Losing Power for Days, Texans Will Pay Higher Power Bills—Perhaps for Decades to Come By Loren Steffy
- The Great Texas Blackout Was Caused by a Failure to Ensure Supplies of Natural Gas By Charles Blanchard
- Greg Abbott Celebrated Texas Independence Day by Ending COVID-19 Restrictions By Dan Solomon
- Rita Clements, The Power Behind a Governor, Dies at 86 By R.G. Ratcliffe
- U.S. Immigration Director Threatens to Jail Elected Officials in Sanctuary Cities By R.G. Ratcliffe