This is a YouTube video of Paxton speaking to a group of supporters. Here is what he says: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fknWnYMJhog If we reelect the status quo, I am convinced our budget can’t be addressed the way you want it, we’ll have higher taxes, and it will be hard to distinguish between a Democratic administration and a Republican administration. This is the message that is being conveyed to the grass roots, who know only what they are told. We’ll have higher taxes? Not with 99 Republicans, we won’t. No matter who is speaker. It will be hard to distinguish between a Democratic administration and a Republican administration? You can bet the Democrats know the difference. Republicans are in their strongest position since Reconstruction, the Democrats have no power whatsoever, and yet the grass roots are being told that the wolf is at the door. Total nonsense.
News & Politics
Our latest stories and analysis, sent to your inbox each week.
- Record Turnout Helped Texas Republicans, So Why Are They Still Pushing to Make It Harder to Vote? By Mike Snyder
- How Austin Cut One Third of Its Spending on the Police Department By Leif Reigstad
- What Does MAGA Look Like After Trump? This Weekend’s Protests Offer Clues. By Christopher Hooks
- Rita Clements, The Power Behind a Governor, Dies at 86 By R.G. Ratcliffe
- U.S. Immigration Director Threatens to Jail Elected Officials in Sanctuary Cities By R.G. Ratcliffe