This ought to end any speculation about whether there is a real contest for Hutchison’s Senate seat. Now there is no race, though there never really had been one from the beginning. Dewhurst was a cinch to win. Too much money, too much name I.D, too insignificant opposition. He was able to employ a rose garden strategy, ducking debates and forums, without suffering any adverse consequences. The Ted Cruz campaign was a mirage. Dewhurst really wanted (and still wants) to be governor, but a Senate seat is a nice consolation prize. Of the lesser candidates, Leppert made the best showing.
- The Eyes of Texas Were Upon Jimmy Fallon’s ‘Tonight Show’
- Let’s All Hope Tony Buzbee Drank a Lot of Water Last Night
- The National Media Hilariously Misunderstands Texas Geography
- The Only Texas Chili Recipe You’ll Ever Need
- Texas Counties Are Declaring Themselves ‘Second Amendment Sanctuaries.’ But What Does That Mean, Exactly?