Eltife’s bill to make the changes necessary for Texas to be eligible to get $555 million in funds for unemployment insurance will die in the House. A poll of the floor yielded around 80 votes for the bill, and since the 74 Democrats are presumed to favor it, that means only a handful of R’s were willing to buck the governor. Without the 100 votes to override a certain Perry veto, there is no point in going forward with the bill.
- Put Texas and Texas A&M in the Academy Sports and Outdoors Texas Bowl, You Cowards
- Can Bee Stings Treat Lyme Disease?
- Criminal Charges Against Schlitterbahn Officials Have Been Dropped
- Meet the Unruly Clan That Once Ruled the Hill Country
- Willie Nelson Quits Smoking Weed: A Look Back at the Couple’s Relationship Milestones