This tells us two things. (1) The Perry campaign is desperate. (2) They still have a lot of money. But it’s interesting to see what they are doing with it. A lot has been written about the Perry “brainiacs” who studied what works best in a political campaign. The most productive thing was an event featuring the candidate. Iowa and New Hampshire are set up well for meet and greets, and the Perryistas are doing some of that. But a national TV buy wastes a lot of money. It will be seen in venues that are not important in presidential politics. So why do it? The answer, perhaps, is to keep Perry in the picture in the national polls so he doesn’t fall out of sight.
- Hollywood, Texas: Kanye West Takes Joel Osteen to Church
- A Farewell to Dairy Queens
- Inside the Death Row Case That Has Everyone From Ted Cruz to Kim Kardashian Speaking Out
- Convicted of Murder at Age 12, Edwin Debrow Finally Walks Free
- The Suncoast Motion Picture Company’s Last Stand Is Happening in Southeast Texas