This tells us two things. (1) The Perry campaign is desperate. (2) They still have a lot of money. But it’s interesting to see what they are doing with it. A lot has been written about the Perry “brainiacs” who studied what works best in a political campaign. The most productive thing was an event featuring the candidate. Iowa and New Hampshire are set up well for meet and greets, and the Perryistas are doing some of that. But a national TV buy wastes a lot of money. It will be seen in venues that are not important in presidential politics. So why do it? The answer, perhaps, is to keep Perry in the picture in the national polls so he doesn’t fall out of sight.
News & Politics
Our latest stories and analysis, sent to your inbox each week.
- Who Were the Texans Who Traveled to the Capitol to Challenge the Election Results? By Sierra Juarez and Peter Holley
- The Texas Legislature Made It Just Three Days Without a COVID-19 Scare By Andrea Zelinski
- Amid a Spate of Late-Term Trump Pardons, Reality Winner’s Name Remains Conspicuously Absent By Leif Reigstad
- Rita Clements, The Power Behind a Governor, Dies at 86 By R.G. Ratcliffe
- U.S. Immigration Director Threatens to Jail Elected Officials in Sanctuary Cities By R.G. Ratcliffe