Several correspondents have commented to ask why I have failed to write about three recent polls in the governor’s race. The reason is this: The election has begun. Early voting is under way. I do not care about polls that take place after actual voting starts. The election is the only poll that matters now. (I do care about exit polls, but we are unlikely to get good data on exit polls in Texas.)
News & Politics
Our latest stories and analysis, sent to your inbox each week.
- Record Turnout Helped Texas Republicans, So Why Are They Still Pushing to Make It Harder to Vote? By Mike Snyder
- How Austin Cut One Third of Its Spending on the Police Department By Leif Reigstad
- What Does MAGA Look Like After Trump? This Weekend’s Protests Offer Clues. By Christopher Hooks
- Rita Clements, The Power Behind a Governor, Dies at 86 By R.G. Ratcliffe
- U.S. Immigration Director Threatens to Jail Elected Officials in Sanctuary Cities By R.G. Ratcliffe