Several correspondents have commented to ask why I have failed to write about three recent polls in the governor’s race. The reason is this: The election has begun. Early voting is under way. I do not care about polls that take place after actual voting starts. The election is the only poll that matters now. (I do care about exit polls, but we are unlikely to get good data on exit polls in Texas.)
News & Politics
Our latest stories and analysis, sent to your inbox each week.
- Despite Losing Power for Days, Texans Will Pay Higher Power Bills—Perhaps for Decades to Come By Loren Steffy
- The Great Texas Blackout Was Caused by a Failure to Ensure Supplies of Natural Gas By Charles Blanchard
- Greg Abbott Celebrated Texas Independence Day by Ending COVID-19 Restrictions By Dan Solomon
- Rita Clements, The Power Behind a Governor, Dies at 86 By R.G. Ratcliffe
- U.S. Immigration Director Threatens to Jail Elected Officials in Sanctuary Cities By R.G. Ratcliffe