From the PPP Web site: Approval/Disapproval (Republicans) Approve 47% Disapprove 37% Unsure 18% Job Performance Approve 37% Disapprove 43% Unsure 20% Should Run for Reelection in 2012 (Republicans) Yes 43% No 41% Not sure 17% Vote for KBH in 2012 (Republicans) Yes 43% No 41% Not sure 17% Vote for KBH or Someone Else (Republicans) Hutchison 35% Someone Else 48% Not sure 17% Ideology (Republicans) Too liberal 25% Too conservative 23% About right 39% Not sure 13% What this says to me is that Hutchison is unelectable in 2012. Her base has been compromised, and there is a large constituency that is already aligned against her. Clearly the door is open for Dewhurst or Roger Williams or Dan Patrick, or Michael Williams, or just about anybody with name recognition to challenge her. This poll isn’t going to help her fundraising either. John Cornyn approval rating (all voters) 40% approve 29% disapprove 31% not sure PPP surveyed 500 Texas voters from June 19th- 20th. The survey’s margin of error is +/-4.4%.
Sign up for the Armadillo
Weekly dispatches from the middle of the road of Texas politics.
- ‘How Can They Expect Peace When They Won’t Give Us Peace’: A Weekend of Demonstrations in Dallas Over Police Killings
- Priya Krishna’s Quarantine Journal, Entry No. 14: Savoring Time With the Parents
- The Houston Years of George Floyd
- Texas Monthly Recommends: Making a Backyard Water Park
- At Zoli’s, Smoked Brisket Lasagna Is a Revelation