Perry spokesman Mark Miner says that the suggestion that the Perry campaign is doing push polling is “blatantly false” and “another lie by the senator’s campaign.” He further suggested that the skullduggery might be the work of a Hutchison apparatchik: “Reporters told me KBH’s folks had hired a push pollster,” he said, adding, “We’re not doing any polling right now.” They were aware that Hans Klingler of the KBH campaign had sent out an alert about push polls. There is always the possibility that the push polls could have come from a group that is supportive of one of the candidates. The state Republican party has even been known to run push polls against their own candidates who they deem to be RINOs.
News & Politics
Our latest stories and analysis, sent to your inbox each week.
- How the Texas GOP Went Off the Rails in 2020 By Christopher Hooks
- Texas Democrats Went Missing for Decades. Can They Come Back Tuesday? By Christopher Hooks
- Democrats Have Poured Money Into a Long Shot Bid to Defeat Rising GOP Star Dan Crenshaw By Dan Solomon
- Rita Clements, The Power Behind a Governor, Dies at 86 By R.G. Ratcliffe
- U.S. Immigration Director Threatens to Jail Elected Officials in Sanctuary Cities By R.G. Ratcliffe