This is from Matthew Bentley in Reggie’s office: Reggie asked me to send out the following update: Reggie is awake, talking and feeling good. The surgery was extremely successful; the doctor was able to completely remove the second tumor. He will stay in Houston until sometime next week to finish up some post-operative procedures. He said that he will be running around the capitol in no time. “I truly have appreciated everyone’s support throughout my illness, I look forward to getting back to work.” – Reggie
News & Politics
Our latest stories and analysis, sent to your inbox each week.
- Can Chip Roy Hold Off the Democratic Shift in Suburban San Antonio and Austin? By Dan Solomon
- Who Is Austin’s Citizen Police Academy Meant to Serve? By Leif Reigstad
- Democrats Narrowly Lost the Twenty-fourth Congressional District in 2018. Can Candace Valenzuela Win It in This Cycle? By Dan Solomon
- Rita Clements, The Power Behind a Governor, Dies at 86 By R.G. Ratcliffe
- U.S. Immigration Director Threatens to Jail Elected Officials in Sanctuary Cities By R.G. Ratcliffe