The previous post in this space was in error. It concerned the indictment of a figure in the case of the Brownsville bridge. That report was based on a clipping from the Brownsville Herald that was faxed to me by Dannenbaum Engineering. The figure involved called me to say that the clipping was from 1988. The fax came through as extremely blurry, and I could barely make out the words. It was a brief article, and it is not presently in front of me, but I do not recall seeing a date. The error is mine, not Dannenbaum’s. I apologize to the person involved and to readers.
News & Politics
Our latest stories and analysis, sent to your inbox each week.
- Democrats Have Poured Money Into a Long Shot Bid to Defeat Rising GOP Star Dan Crenshaw By Dan Solomon
- Can Chip Roy Hold Off the Democratic Shift in Suburban San Antonio and Austin? By Dan Solomon
- Who Is Austin’s Citizen Police Academy Meant to Serve? By Leif Reigstad
- Rita Clements, The Power Behind a Governor, Dies at 86 By R.G. Ratcliffe
- U.S. Immigration Director Threatens to Jail Elected Officials in Sanctuary Cities By R.G. Ratcliffe