Lieutenant Governor Dewhurst has come up with an imaginative, or perhaps bizarre, response to Senate conservatives who are still unhappy about not having representation on the appropriations conference committee: add two additional conferees. The only flaw, aside from changing the rules in midstream, is that Speaker Craddick would have to do the same. The story is that Steve Ogden was dispatched to the House to talk to head budgetwriter Warren Chisum about the proposal. No word yet on the response. I’ll take the under.
News & Politics
Our latest stories and analysis, sent to your inbox each week.
- Record Turnout Helped Texas Republicans, So Why Are They Still Pushing to Make It Harder to Vote? By Mike Snyder
- How Austin Cut One Third of Its Spending on the Police Department By Leif Reigstad
- What Does MAGA Look Like After Trump? This Weekend’s Protests Offer Clues. By Christopher Hooks
- Rita Clements, The Power Behind a Governor, Dies at 86 By R.G. Ratcliffe
- U.S. Immigration Director Threatens to Jail Elected Officials in Sanctuary Cities By R.G. Ratcliffe