Former state representative Sid Miller is contemplating a race for agriculture commissioner. I don’t see how Miller can be an asset to the Republican ticket. Readers will recall that Miller was the author of the sonogram bill in the 82nd Legislature. In an election year when women’s issues are likely to be front and center, Miller’s name on the ballot is not going to attract female voters.
News & Politics
Our latest stories and analysis, sent to your inbox each week.
- Rita Clements, The Power Behind a Governor, Dies at 86 By R.G. Ratcliffe
- U.S. Immigration Director Threatens to Jail Elected Officials in Sanctuary Cities By R.G. Ratcliffe
- “Will Rap 4 Weed” and Other Independent Candidates for Governor You Probably Won’t Hear About Again in 2018 By R.G. Ratcliffe
- The Republican Tax Bill Likely Will Add to the Coming Explosion in the National Debt By Bill King
- Ken Paxton Rules That Licensed Handgun Owners Can Bring a Firearm to Church By R.G. Ratcliffe