According to the Secretary of State’s office, election division, the bill that changed the law was HB 1, Chapter 1, 78th Legislature, Third Called Session, 2003. This was the session in which the mid-census congressional redistricting map was adopted. The runoff was changed to the second Tuesday in April. Here is a link to the legislation: http://texinfo.library.unt.edu/sessionlaws/78thsession/bills/78cs3/HB1.pdf My thanks to the Secretary of State’s office and staff.
News & Politics
Our latest stories and analysis, sent to your inbox each week.
- A Houston Suburb’s Mayoral Race Has Become a Texas Bellwether By Mike Snyder
- The Early Voting Numbers in Texas Are Bonkers. Here’s What That Does and Doesn’t Tell Us. By Dan Solomon
- Lizzie Fletcher’s 2018 Victory in TX-7 Proved Democrats Could Win in the Texas Suburbs. Can the GOP Take the Seat Back? By Dan Solomon
- Rita Clements, The Power Behind a Governor, Dies at 86 By R.G. Ratcliffe
- U.S. Immigration Director Threatens to Jail Elected Officials in Sanctuary Cities By R.G. Ratcliffe