Full disclosure: These numbers came to me over the phone from a lobbyist. I scribbled them down on a napkin during lunch. Make of them what you will. I do not vouch for their accuracy. But I will vouch for their significance, if accurate they turn out to be: Harris County early vote: * Ratio of early voters with D primary history to R primary history: 2.4:1 * Round numbers, Vo’s district: 5,800 D primary voters have voted early; 1,800 R primary voters * Murphy-Thibaut race, D primary voters vs. R primary voters: D + 2,000 * Davis-Matula race: D + 2,000 * Talton seat (Redmond – Legler): D + 1,200
News & Politics
Our latest stories and analysis, sent to your inbox each week.
- After Standing Up to Ted Cruz and Donald Trump, Congressman Chip Roy Faces an Uncertain Future in the Texas GOP By Jonathan Tilove
- Who Were the Texans Who Traveled to the Capitol to Challenge the Election Results? By Sierra Juarez and Peter Holley
- The Texas Legislature Made It Just Three Days Without a COVID-19 Scare By Andrea Zelinski
- Rita Clements, The Power Behind a Governor, Dies at 86 By R.G. Ratcliffe
- U.S. Immigration Director Threatens to Jail Elected Officials in Sanctuary Cities By R.G. Ratcliffe