I don’t think so. Article II, Health and Human Services, is just about done. It’s far from great–Suehs says he he’ll run out of Medicaid money in May 2013–but nursing homes rates are fixed and provider rates are OK. If there is going to be a meltdown, it will come in Article III, Education. The can has been kicked a little further down the road and it has a few more dents in it.
News & Politics
Our latest stories and analysis, sent to your inbox each week.
- How the Texas GOP Went Off the Rails in 2020 By Christopher Hooks
- Texas Democrats Went Missing for Decades. Can They Come Back Tuesday? By Christopher Hooks
- Democrats Have Poured Money Into a Long Shot Bid to Defeat Rising GOP Star Dan Crenshaw By Dan Solomon
- Rita Clements, The Power Behind a Governor, Dies at 86 By R.G. Ratcliffe
- U.S. Immigration Director Threatens to Jail Elected Officials in Sanctuary Cities By R.G. Ratcliffe