This was predictable. In fact, I predicted it: Craddick will mobilize the state party to bring pressure on members to support his reelection as speaker. The State Republican Executive Committee is expected to adopt a resolution today calling for an open ballot for speaker. This is, of course, a de facto endorsement of Craddick. The SREC’s bylaws do not allow it to endorse candidates in races between Republicans.
- The Eyes of Texas Were Upon Jimmy Fallon’s ‘Tonight Show’
- Let’s All Hope Tony Buzbee Drank a Lot of Water Last Night
- The National Media Hilariously Misunderstands Texas Geography
- The Only Texas Chili Recipe You’ll Ever Need
- Texas Counties Are Declaring Themselves ‘Second Amendment Sanctuaries.’ But What Does That Mean, Exactly?