Burka and Eileen preview the legislative sunset: How does an agency “misplace” $1 billion? Or lose one-third of its criminal files? Or let the governor’s mansion get torched? Or screw Texas homeowners? Don’t get mad, get even. Honorably mentioned: Steve Ogden, Lois Kolkhorst, John Carona, and Wayne Smith. Not so honorably mentioned: TxDOT, TYC, TDI, DPS, and Bob Perry.
News & Politics
Our latest stories and analysis, sent to your inbox each week.
- Breaking the Barrier: The Road to Becoming a First-Generation Bull Rider By Christian Wallace
- Get Ready for a New Season of Texas Monthly’s Sound Check Music Series By Texas Monthly
- The Texanist: Who on Earth Holds a Cookout at a Highway Rest Stop? By David Courtney
- Here Are Some Famous Texans You Can Hire to Deliver Video Messages for You By Dan Solomon
- Cabo San Doofus: Why Did Steve Adler Think It Was a Good Idea to Go to Mexico? By Dan Solomon