Judith Zaffirini tells the press table that Mario Gallego’s tag may prevent CONSIDERATION of the Voter ID bill, not just passage from committee. According to Z, the tag notes a defect in the official posting, since the Senate yesterday postponed the hearing from 9 a.m.to 10 a.m. today. Also, Duncan tells Ellis he did not advise Abbott not to appear, as Abbott’s office is telling the press. Would Duncan have any problem with Abbott appearing? Ellis wants to know. Ellis also points out there’s a lot of precedence for the Attorney General appearing at legislative hearings when the issue at hand is headed to court. Did Ellis just call out Abbott for …um…shading the truth? Maybe the Quorum Report misunderstood.
Sign up for the Armadillo
Weekly dispatches from the middle of the road of Texas politics.
- How the Pandemic Turned Brené Brown Into America’s Therapist
- How King Ranch Casserole Has Ruled During the Pandemic
- The West Texas Basketball Tournament at the Center of a Coronavirus Outbreak
- At Zoli’s, Smoked Brisket Lasagna Is a Revelation
- Aaron Franklin Will Be the Next Texan to Join the Barbecue Hall of Fame