Hey, all you folks back in Texas: it’s 60 degrees here. Eat your heart out. Overlooked tidbits from yesterday: * Seen outside the convention center: Two people wearing Bush and Cheney masks, wearing striped prison uniforms, being led around in chains outside the secured area. This being a Republican convention, the purpose was not to protest but to be entrepreneurial. People could have their pictures taken with the “president” and “vice-president.” A Minneapolis radio station did a Jay Leno-like man in the street interviews asking people near the Xcel center if they had heard of Sarah Palin. (This was in mid-afternoon, before her speech.) The most common guesses were “actress” and “country and western singer.”
Sign up for the Armadillo
Weekly dispatches from the middle of the road of Texas politics.
- In Texas’s Food Deserts, Food Banks Struggle to Do More With Less
- Priya Krishna’s Quarantine Journal, Entry No. 13: A Surprise From Mom
- Taco of the Week: Weenies and Eggs at Los Muertos BBQ
- “If People Want to Take a Chance, It’s Their Prerogative”: Inside One Bar on the First Day of Reopening
- Dallas-Area High School Seniors Cope With a Semester—and Rites of Passage—Cut Short