Will Harnett deserves a gold star for his work on the Neil-Howard election contest. His report is suffused with credibility and authority. I live and vote in HD 48. In the last six elections, I voted in the Republican primary four times. I did not receive any election information from Mr. Neil–not a live phone call, not a robocall, not a piece of mail, not a knock at the door. I saw a few yard signs for him on Mesa, but many more for Howard. If he had worked one-tenth as hard in the campaign as he did in the election contest, he would have won on election day and no contest would have been necessary. He didn’t deserve to win.
News & Politics
Our latest stories and analysis, sent to your inbox each week.
- He Rioted at the Capitol. Then for Weeks He Lived in Luxury While Hiding From the FBI. By Peter Holley
- They Accused a Man of Sexual Assault in a Small West Texas Town. That Was Only the Beginning. By Leif Reigstad
- Who’s Responsible for the Texas Blackouts? By Christopher Hooks
- Rita Clements, The Power Behind a Governor, Dies at 86 By R.G. Ratcliffe
- U.S. Immigration Director Threatens to Jail Elected Officials in Sanctuary Cities By R.G. Ratcliffe