The superintendent of the Marlin Orientation and Assessment Unit, a juvenile correctional facility near Waco, was arrested this morning on charges of giving a false report to an investigator, according to Falls County District Attorney Jody Gilliam. The superintendent, Jerome Parsee, allegedly gave false information to investigators about sexual misconduct that occurred on the unit involving inmates and at least one female correctional officer. Parsee was questioned by a Texas Ranger in recent weeks as part of an ongoing investigation of abuse in the youth corrections system that began last month in the wake of the sex abuse scandal at the West Texas State School in Pyote.
- The Best New Restaurants in Texas for 2020
- The One-Time Girlfriend of One of Mexico’s Most Notorious Drug Lords Returns to the Border to Offer Tours
- In Defense of Renée Zellweger’s Drawl
- Meet the Unruly Clan That Once Ruled the Hill Country
- Dayne’s Craft Barbecue’s “Bacon Brisket” and Sausages Are Worth the Wait