Anise Parker has done it again. Bill White has been hit by the same bus twice. After defending Bill White yesterday against Perry’s charges that he mismanaged the city’s fiscal affairs, she then had this exchange with the Chronicle’s editorial page editor, John Wilburn: Wilburn: “What do you think about Rick Perry using your words to attack Bill White?” Parker: “I can’t say anything that isn’t really vulgar,” Parker said (with a grin and a grimace) . . . “I said it,” she added. “Funny thing is, I said it week after week after week as controller. I said it once as mayor and bingo! Every time I talk about Metro, Rick Perry puts something on the web.” The gift that keeps on giving.
News & Politics
Our latest stories and analysis, sent to your inbox each week.
- A Houston Suburb’s Mayoral Race Has Become a Texas Bellwether By Mike Snyder
- The Early Voting Numbers in Texas Are Bonkers. Here’s What That Does and Doesn’t Tell Us. By Dan Solomon
- Lizzie Fletcher’s 2018 Victory in TX-7 Proved Democrats Could Win in the Texas Suburbs. Can the GOP Take the Seat Back? By Dan Solomon
- Rita Clements, The Power Behind a Governor, Dies at 86 By R.G. Ratcliffe
- U.S. Immigration Director Threatens to Jail Elected Officials in Sanctuary Cities By R.G. Ratcliffe