This was a 54-45 race after the early vote, with 2,994 for Fletcher and 2,505 for Van Arsdale, but Van Arsdale is winning election day voting by 999 to 772. Maybe there was a backlash against the ceaseless attacks on Van Arsdale, but whatever the reason is, Fletcher’s lead is down to 419 votes with just 6 of 37 precincts counted. Fletcher is odds-on to win it, but it’s not over yet.
News & Politics
Our latest stories and analysis, sent to your inbox each week.
- How the Texas GOP Went Off the Rails in 2020 By Christopher Hooks
- Texas Democrats Went Missing for Decades. Can They Come Back Tuesday? By Christopher Hooks
- Democrats Have Poured Money Into a Long Shot Bid to Defeat Rising GOP Star Dan Crenshaw By Dan Solomon
- Rita Clements, The Power Behind a Governor, Dies at 86 By R.G. Ratcliffe
- U.S. Immigration Director Threatens to Jail Elected Officials in Sanctuary Cities By R.G. Ratcliffe