Here is my understanding of the school finance proposal. As of this writing, the deal is not done. It will take $4B to fund the foundation school program. The plan is to provide $2 billion in proration ($1B per year) and $2B in target revenue reductions. The runs would use the Shapiro plan. What Governor Perry does not want (on the off chance that he isn’t president) is for the state to owe a bunch of money when the Legislature comes back into session.
- Hollywood, Texas: Kanye West Takes Joel Osteen to Church
- A Farewell to Dairy Queens
- Inside the Death Row Case That Has Everyone From Ted Cruz to Kim Kardashian Speaking Out
- Convicted of Murder at Age 12, Edwin Debrow Finally Walks Free
- The Suncoast Motion Picture Company’s Last Stand Is Happening in Southeast Texas