Here is my understanding of the school finance proposal. As of this writing, the deal is not done. It will take $4B to fund the foundation school program. The plan is to provide $2 billion in proration ($1B per year) and $2B in target revenue reductions. The runs would use the Shapiro plan. What Governor Perry does not want (on the off chance that he isn’t president) is for the state to owe a bunch of money when the Legislature comes back into session.
News & Politics
Our latest stories and analysis, sent to your inbox each week.
- Can Chip Roy Hold Off the Democratic Shift in Suburban San Antonio and Austin? By Dan Solomon
- Who Is Austin’s Citizen Police Academy Meant to Serve? By Leif Reigstad
- Democrats Narrowly Lost the Twenty-fourth Congressional District in 2018. Can Candace Valenzuela Win It in This Cycle? By Dan Solomon
- Rita Clements, The Power Behind a Governor, Dies at 86 By R.G. Ratcliffe
- U.S. Immigration Director Threatens to Jail Elected Officials in Sanctuary Cities By R.G. Ratcliffe