As you can see, the task ahead for Perry is enormous. He is at 7% in Iowa and Florida, 4% in South Carolina, 2% in New Hampshire. Here are the main early-voting states ( in voting order): IOWA Gingrich 28 Paul 13 Romney 12 Bachmann 10 Perry 7 Santorum 3 Huntsman – – – NEW HAMPSHIRE Romney 34 Gingrich 24 Paul 14 Huntsman 11 Cain 5 Perry 2 Bachmann 2 Santorum 1 – – – SOUTH CAROLINA Gingrich 38 Romney 15 Cain 13 Perry 7 Paul 4 Bachmann 3 Santorum 2 – – – FLORIDA Gingrich 41 Romney 17 Cain 13 Perry 7 Paul 4 Bachman 3 Huntsman/Santorum – – – CAVEAT: politicalwire.com notes that several of these polls are done by Insider Advangage, whose founder, Matt Towery ran Gingrich’s political operation in the 1990s. The New Hampshire poll is from Rasmussen.
News & Politics
Our latest stories and analysis, sent to your inbox each week.
- Greg Abbott Celebrated Texas Independence Day by Ending COVID-19 Restrictions By Dan Solomon
- Ted Cruz’s Attempt to Court Trump’s Base Meets a Predictable Obstacle: Trump By Jonathan Tilove
- He Rioted at the Capitol. Then for Weeks He Lived in Luxury While Hiding From the FBI. By Peter Holley
- Rita Clements, The Power Behind a Governor, Dies at 86 By R.G. Ratcliffe
- U.S. Immigration Director Threatens to Jail Elected Officials in Sanctuary Cities By R.G. Ratcliffe