I was so disgusted by the way Texas was playing this afternoon against Oklahoma State that I turned off the television and went to the computer to blog. I wrote about a press release I saw in the Quorum Report concerning Allen Fletcher’s announcement that he was running in the Republican primary in District 130. I checked online and somehow came up with District 130 being Debbie Riddle’s, and wrote accordingly. My mind must have still been on the game, because Riddle’s district is 150; Fletcher is running against Corbin Van Arsdale. Very stupid. But all is not lost. (1) Texas won the game, and (2) I checked the score on the ESPN Web site in time to realize that it wouldn’t be very bright to post the item I was writing about how wretched the UT football team is.
News & Politics
Our latest stories and analysis, sent to your inbox each week.
- Who Were the Texans Who Traveled to the Capitol to Challenge the Election Results? By Sierra Juarez and Peter Holley
- The Texas Legislature Made It Just Three Days Without a COVID-19 Scare By Andrea Zelinski
- Amid a Spate of Late-Term Trump Pardons, Reality Winner’s Name Remains Conspicuously Absent By Leif Reigstad
- Rita Clements, The Power Behind a Governor, Dies at 86 By R.G. Ratcliffe
- U.S. Immigration Director Threatens to Jail Elected Officials in Sanctuary Cities By R.G. Ratcliffe