I was so disgusted by the way Texas was playing this afternoon against Oklahoma State that I turned off the television and went to the computer to blog. I wrote about a press release I saw in the Quorum Report concerning Allen Fletcher’s announcement that he was running in the Republican primary in District 130. I checked online and somehow came up with District 130 being Debbie Riddle’s, and wrote accordingly. My mind must have still been on the game, because Riddle’s district is 150; Fletcher is running against Corbin Van Arsdale. Very stupid. But all is not lost. (1) Texas won the game, and (2) I checked the score on the ESPN Web site in time to realize that it wouldn’t be very bright to post the item I was writing about how wretched the UT football team is.
News & Politics
Our latest stories and analysis, sent to your inbox each week.
- Can Chip Roy Hold Off the Democratic Shift in Suburban San Antonio and Austin? By Dan Solomon
- Who Is Austin’s Citizen Police Academy Meant to Serve? By Leif Reigstad
- Democrats Narrowly Lost the Twenty-fourth Congressional District in 2018. Can Candace Valenzuela Win It in This Cycle? By Dan Solomon
- Rita Clements, The Power Behind a Governor, Dies at 86 By R.G. Ratcliffe
- U.S. Immigration Director Threatens to Jail Elected Officials in Sanctuary Cities By R.G. Ratcliffe