Allegations against Hamilton, posted on the Web site “Texas Conservative Republican News” include: * Tax liens of $601.92 and $2,657.91 against Hamilton * A $2000 civil penalty levied against Hamilton for ethics violations * Sexual harassment allegations against Hamilton The latter was an incident that took place on the floor of the House. A female member from El Paso was at the microphone when Hamilton asked her suggestive questions about the size of the “mountains” in El Paso and whether they were real. TEXAS MONTHLY singled out Hamilton for a “Dishonorable Mention” award for his actions.
News & Politics
Our latest stories and analysis, sent to your inbox each week.
- The Texas Legislature Made It Just Three Days Without a COVID-19 Scare By Andrea Zelinski
- Who Were the Texans Who Traveled to the Capitol to Challenge the Election Results? By Sierra Juarez and Peter Holley
- Amid a Spate of Late-Term Trump Pardons, Reality Winner’s Name Remains Conspicuously Absent By Leif Reigstad
- Rita Clements, The Power Behind a Governor, Dies at 86 By R.G. Ratcliffe
- U.S. Immigration Director Threatens to Jail Elected Officials in Sanctuary Cities By R.G. Ratcliffe