Stopped in at Asti for a quick lunch, got the daily panino, expecting a good basic sammy. Wow! Homemade focaccia, toasty, slathered with house mozzarella & thin-sliced salami with a tart-sweet rosemary balsamic reduction. What a treat! They don’t have it every day but I’ll bet if you begged, they could do something similar. Well, at lunch at least.
Food & Drink Newsletter
Our best recipes and favorite places to eat.
- With Theaters Closed, Austin Thespians Embrace Audio Dramas, Drive-through Musicals, and Plays by Mail By Trey Gutierrez
- Cabo San Doofus: Why Did Steve Adler Think It Was a Good Idea to Go to Mexico? By Dan Solomon
- The JNL Trailer Serves Up Old-school Barbecue and Community Spirit By Daniel Vaughn
- Jerry Jeff Walker, a Trailblazer of the Cosmic Cowboy Sound, Dies at 78 By John T. Davis
- Taco News Roundup: Feast on Barbacoa in San Antonio and North Texas By José R. Ralat