It won’t be open for a year, but the son of Uchi (“Uchiko”) is going to be at 4200 Lamar. Hooray–close to my house, or sorta close. It will be in an existing building on the west side of the street (the old Seton Hospital office building) that is being revamped by architect Michael Hsu (who did the original Uchi remodel). The contemporary Japanese restaurant, under the direction of chef Tyson Cole, is the best restaurant in the city by many counts, including ours.
- The Best New Restaurants in Texas for 2020
- The One-Time Girlfriend of One of Mexico’s Most Notorious Drug Lords Returns to the Border to Offer Tours
- Meet the Unruly Clan That Once Ruled the Hill Country
- The Dallas Gym That Time Forgot
- Dayne’s Craft Barbecue’s “Bacon Brisket” and Sausages Are Worth the Wait