Get high on Valentine’s–SXUL Chocolates (yes, their real name) has introduced a chocolate-flavored vodka in sexy black bottles. The company already markets irresistible bonbons, which I have tasted and can vouch for. If you want to try either the spirits or the sweets, check out the Spec’s liquor stores in Austin and Houston. They will be doing tastings next weekend on both Friday and Saturday (February 13 and 14). Click for times, or call the location before heading out. (Other cities carry the products, but aren’t doing tastings.) One final note: Alas, there are no online sales–too hot to ship chocolates in Texas.
Food & Drink Newsletter
Eat and imbibe like a Texan with reviews, recipes, news, and more.
- Taco of the Week: Weenies and Eggs at Los Muertos BBQ
- “If People Want to Take a Chance, It’s Their Prerogative”: Inside One Bar on the First Day of Reopening
- Dallas-Area High School Seniors Cope With a Semester—and Rites of Passage—Cut Short
- How Houston’s Museum of Fine Arts Planned Its Reopening
- José Ralat Believes the Taco Is Pandemic-Proof