The Counter Cafe, in Austin, has the most incredible chicken burger. They only offer it once a week, usually on a Monday, Tuesday, or Wednesday. So you need to be sure it’s chicken-burger day before you go. And don’t try to go right at noon, because it’s a teensy weensy place and they get swamped. This burger is made from organic chicken, they grind the meat there, and I could see onion and carrot mixed in. Comes on a wheat bun with lettuce and tomato. Dishola.com has touted the CC too. I am in love. 626 N. Lamar (old GM Steakhouse location, if you remember that); 512-708-8800. I think they’re open 7 days a week from 8 to 4.
Food & Drink Newsletter
Eat and imbibe like a Texan with reviews, recipes, news, and more.
- How the Pandemic Turned Brené Brown Into America’s Therapist
- The West Texas Basketball Tournament at the Center of a Coronavirus Outbreak
- How King Ranch Casserole Has Ruled During the Pandemic
- More Colorful Texas Sayings Than You Can Shake a Stick At
- Aaron Franklin Will Be the Next Texan to Join the Barbecue Hall of Fame