Jeffrey’s owner Ron Weiss is letting the news media know that Alma Alcocer-Thomas is leaving the Austin restaurant, where she has cooked, most recently as exeucutive chef, for sixteen years. The new man at the range will be Deegan McClung, who is now executive chef at Cissi’s Market on South Congress. That may not seem like such a fabulous venue, but he’s also cooked at far more impressive Wink and Uchi, and before that at Commander’s Palace in New Orleans. To give credit where credit is due, Mike Sutter of the Austin American-Statesman blogged on this an hour ago. The transition will take place some time after Valentine’s.
- Hollywood, Texas: Kanye West Takes Joel Osteen to Church
- A Farewell to Dairy Queens
- Inside the Death Row Case That Has Everyone From Ted Cruz to Kim Kardashian Speaking Out
- The Suncoast Motion Picture Company’s Last Stand Is Happening in Southeast Texas
- Convicted of Murder at Age 12, Edwin Debrow Finally Walks Free