Yes! Yes indeedy. Had a light dinner at David Garrido’s casual new interior Mexican/taco/small-plate venue Sunday night, and I will be checking it out again soon. Oyster nachos (almost identical version to the one chef-owner David Garrido made famous at Jeffrey’s)–yum! Crabmeat guacamole, lush, lavish, and delish. Lamb “pops” in roasted-garlic and ancho chile sauce also a keeper–though these had some sinew and required occasional gnawing. Flavor great, though. Finished with silky flan with mango. Best of all, it’s a fabulous setting on Shoal Creek, very mod, “green” building, too; lots of deck space, feels tropical with the palm trees & other foliage. 360 Nueces, Austin, first floor of the 360 condos, next to Mulberry wine bar; (512) 320-8226.
Food & Drink Newsletter
Eat and imbibe like a Texan with reviews, recipes, news, and more.
- How the Pandemic Turned Brené Brown Into America’s Therapist
- How King Ranch Casserole Has Ruled During the Pandemic
- The West Texas Basketball Tournament at the Center of a Coronavirus Outbreak
- At Zoli’s, Smoked Brisket Lasagna Is a Revelation
- Aaron Franklin Will Be the Next Texan to Join the Barbecue Hall of Fame